Sunday, March 2, 2014

              Things I Want To Accomplish At The 2014 Women Of The World Poetry Slam
  1. I want to collect chap books. In a way bigger than I already do. I want to obtain chap books of people who live in states that don't start with the letter "O". I want people in states that don't start with the letter "O" to have my chap book. I want my work to be neglected on book shelves of houses I have never driven by.
  2. I want to finally connect with the poetry scene on a level  large enough that it makes me feel insignificant, but also thoroughly supported. I really just want to see a lot of poets and poetry supporters in one place. 
  3. I want to get on a stage in front of people I have never seen and just totally be myself.
  4. I want to see people READ FROM PAPER, even if it is just one people. I also want to see them totally kill it while reading from paper. I will then high five them.
    * This one can just say, "High five someone who reads from paper,". #teampaperreader
  5.  I want to absorb so much poetry that I feel soggy and bogged down with other peoples' feelings.
  6. Not throw up on stage, or freeze up, or fall on my face, or cry so hard I die.
  7. If I do any of the thing mentions in number 6, I want to totally be cool with that. Maybe get a cool nick name like "that one girl that unnecessarily threw up,".
  8. Develop a deeper understanding of why I exist in the poetry scene, how I can improve, and how I can encourage others' growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment